The Complex seeks to recruit an experience Production Coordinator to join the team
40 hours per week / part-time options available
€35,000 p/a pro rata
Application deadline Monday 13th March
First round interviews 20th March
The Complex seeks to recruit an experienced Production Coordinator to work on in-house and visiting arts productions and events. A 2-year contract will be negotiable after 3 months.
The Complex is Dublin's newest arts centre in the north inner city and is now producing as well as hosting a full schedule of exciting arts events and exhibitions including theatre, music concerts, comedy and dance performances.
PURPOSE/OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This role is responsible for the planning, coordination and delivery of Complex productions, co-productions, in-coming arts and commercial events. The Production Coordinator is responsible to the Artistic Director and supported by a crew of technicians.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact with relevant event producers and artists.
- Assess the technical needs of all productions and staffing requirements
- Ensure that designs of events and productions can be delivered within set budgets.
- Ensure that designers and producers are fully aware of the constraints of the building regarding staffing, and fire, health and safety standards
- Manage the technical staff and stage crew in preparing venues for rehearsals, performances, filming, video shoots, concerts, events or streaming and including installing and derigging lighting and sound equipment, stages and screens.
- Operate lighting and sound on an occasional basis
- Ensure that all departments are kept informed of the requirements of the technical team.
- Compile and distribute schedules, plans and other necessary information.
- Undertake training on in-house equipment as deemed appropriate
- Oversee annual inspections of fire and safety equipment
- On in-house productions, coordinate and lead a high standard of delivery of sets, props, costumes, lighting, sound and all other aspects of physical production within agreed briefs, budgets and timescales.
- Be in attendance at technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals and previews ensuring that all technical notes arising from them are passed on and acted upon.
- Any other duties that are deemed reasonable and appropriate.
- Significant experience in a building-based Production Management, or similar.
- An in-depth knowledge of the production process with a proven understanding of the most up to date working practices.
- Consistent track record in delivering productions in Ireland and/or beyond.
The Complex is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 13th March